Ronald Koeman has left Southampton and been confirmed as the new boss of Everton on a three-year contract.
Everton, who sacked Roberto Martinez last month after a disappointing 11th-placed finish in the Premier League, are now bankrolled by British-Iranian billionaire businessman Farhad Moshiri, who has reportedly offered Koeman a larger transfer budget than would have been available at St Mary’s.
The deal is reported to be worth about £6 million a year and Everton will pay £5 million to Southampton as compensation for the coach.
In his statement, Koeman said the offer was tempting it wasn’t easy for him to turn it down.
“The offer is good and no one can just turn it down. I am very excited to be the manager at Everton for I surely know that its a big club with a great history. I am proud to be part of it and achieve our goals together”, said Koeman.
Koeman led Southampton to sixth position in the Barclays Premier League table last season and into the Europa League for the second year in succession.
This shows how Ronald made some improvements on Saints who finished on seventh place in 2014-15. Southampton announced that they had accepted Koeman’s resignation on Tuesday, and moments later Everton tweeted confirmation that he had made the switch to Merseyside.
The 53 year old Dutchman who wore the Everton Jersey during his football carrier, has a huge task of emulating Everton back to a flying form. He has another duty of keeping Romeu Lukaku who has been a net shaker in the premier league and hopefully some clubs will be hunting for his signature.